Friday, September 27, 2013

Element: Yoga Energy & Relax



Two very nice yoga practices intended for those with some prior yoga experience
I have several DVDs in the Element series (e.g., Element: Yoga for Stress Relief & Flexibility, ElementL Total Body Pilates With Mini Ball, and Element: Pilates Weight Loss) and enjoy all of them, so I thought I might like this DVD. This was my first experience with instructor Tamal Dodge.

Like all of the Element offerings, this DVD contains two practices, both of which are set in a pretty outdoor garden setting. Dodge is featured alone, teaching via voiceover, and the only prop needed is a yoga mat. I have provided an overview of each practice below.

YOGA FOR ENERGY (32 minutes)
Dodge begins this practice standing, moving into a standing backbend. He then performs half sun salutes. Coming into downward dog, he moves through plank, dolphin,...

Perfection in a yoga DVD!
I took 2 levels of yoga at my university, and was looking to continue it on my own. Took me a while to settle on which DVD series to go with, but I checked out a preview of his videos and read reviews. I had a feeling that this was exactly what I was looking for.

Tamal is extremely clear in his instructions, and he lets you know what each pose helps do for your body and mind. The setting is beautiful and calm-- Hawaii. The background music is light and peaceful, and he apparently helped create the music, which I think is pretty cool. Overall, he just has a very calming demeanor, which is a huge part of what makes his series so ideal. When I was looking for a yoga series, the last thing I wanted was a hyper, annoying instructor-- and he's cool as a cucumber.

I personally gravitate more toward the "Relax" video, but both are excellent. The "Energy" portion is a bit of a challenge for me, but not in a bad way. The "Relax" portion is just that-- extremely relaxing...

Just what I needed - thank you Tamal
Tamal Dodge is so widely regarded and loved as both a Yoga instructor and teacher that his classes in Southern California as well as his teacher training workshops and retreats he holds worldwide are always sold out. This DVD is the perfect anecdote for both re gaining your peace and focus and finding more energy and vitality. It will open up the amazing and healthy world of yoga for anyone either beginning or looking for the perfect at home class. Cheers!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment