Monday, October 14, 2013

Undoing



Solid movie
I was drawn to this film as I am a fan of Kelly Hu's and Russell Wong and found a very pleasant surprise in the talents of Sung Kang . I was not familiar with the works of Sung Kang even though he had been in several movies that I had seen. I will be looking for him in the future. This is a gritty caricature study made on a small budget by a very talented writer director Chris Chan Lee who got fine performances from the entire cast. I look forward to the future works of both Sung Kang and Chris Chan Lee.

Highly recommended
It is a stylish movie. I enjoyed this movie a lot because I am a big fan of Sung Kang's, the main character in this movie. You will enjoy the short film called 9:30 came as a bonus feature of this DVD.

Unexpected
I was expecting this movie to be kind of fast-paced but shallow, since most of the actors in it are known more for action films. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Undoing is a much more sophisticated film, character-driven and emotional, with really strong acting performances and unique visual style. The plot is interesting, although not particularly new or innovative; in fact, the story is very much a throwback to classic noir films. But its enough to keep you compelled and engaged to see the story unfold. I really enjoyed this film.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment